Sell My House Fast
How It Works

Selling your property can be quite confusing – you’ve got to decide what method of sale you want, find a buyer, find a solicitor and that’s before you’ve even thought about all the complicated paperwork that needs to be filled out.

This complicated paperwork includes something called the TA6 form, which is something you, as the seller, will need to fill in to sell your house.

But what is the TA6 form? What does it cover? And is there a way of selling without it?

We answer all of this and more, including details about the other property information forms.

What is a TA6 form?

A TA6 form is a property information form required to be filled out by you as the seller when selling your property. The aim of the form is to give the buyer full information on the property being sold.

The TA6 form will ask you a range of detailed questions, covering all aspects of your property from boundary fences, sewage, rights of way, etc. All these questions on the form TA6 must be answered in complete truth.

The idea of the TA6 form is to help you, as the seller, give important information to the buyer on the property, so if anything does arise as a result of a survey you can’t be accused of not informing the buyer correctly.

Who fills TA6 form?

As we’ve mentioned, the TA6 form will need to be completed by the seller, just like any other property information form. Whilst the form is for the benefit of the buyer, it is the seller who needs to fill it in as they have, or at least should have, complete knowledge about the property.

Although it’s the seller that has to fill this form in, there are things that the buyer needs to consider or do as a result of the outcome of the TA6 form.

For example, if the seller were to give the buyer some information they didn’t put on the form, the buyer would need to inform their conveyancer about this, either in writing or through speaking to them directly.

Something a buyer will need to bear in mind when reading a TA6 form is that the seller is only able to answer it to the best of their ability and can sometimes get things wrong or not have full information, so a buyer will still need to have a survey and not take the seller’s word as final.

What does a TA6 form cover?

The TA6 form covers a wide range of topics as the buyer needs to have full information about the property they’re buying. Here we’ve broken down the main areas you can expect the form to cover:

Disputes and complaints

If you’ve ever had a dispute with your neighbour or lodged a complaint, then this is the section to let the buyer know.

will also need to provide details about the dispute and if any action has been taken as a result of the dispute.

It’s slightly open for debate as to what you consider a dispute, but if you have lodged a formal complaint, then legally you must provide this information on the form

Planning and building control

If you’ve made changes or alterations to the property, then in this section you will need to provide proof that the work was carried out with proper approvals and planning.

You should provide a copy of planning permission and building regulation certificates, alongside anything else that proves you have completed the work in the correct manner.

Even if the work on your property is unfinished, you will need to provide full details. Solar panels are also something you need to comment on in this section and whether you own them outright or have them on a lease agreement


This section requires you to detail if you have insurance taken out on the property you’re selling and whether the property has any insurance claims.

If you don’t insure your property, you will have to give your reasoning as to why you don’t

Guarantees and warranties

Under this section of the TA6 form, you will need to detail any warranties or guarantees that are related to your property.

Also, the buyer should pay close attention to this section and should ensure they check all terms and conditions of any policy to check whether the buyer will also be protected or just the person selling the property


The boundary of a property can cause a lot of disputes with neighbours and so it’s often people’s first question as to where the boundary lies and who owns which garden fence.

You will also have to state in this section whether you have received any notice under the Party Wall Act 1996 related to any shared boundaries

Notices and proposals

Here you will have to provide the buyer with any information on notices or proposals that could affect the property, including any letters or communications that have come from local councils, neighbours or places of authority that could affect the property

Rights and informal arrangements

In this section, you will need to give information about access rights or shared use that could affect your property, for example, if you have a shared driveway you may have to detail who has access to this.

You will also need to include things like whether your property is subject to chancel repair liability, which means your property is within a certain radius of a church and is responsible for contributing to the costs should the church need any repairs


In this part of the TA6 form, you will need to give details about the parking arrangements for your property, for example, is there a driveway? Is it on-street parking?

You also need to add in whether your property is within a Controlled Parking Zone or a local authority parking scheme

Details about occupiers

You will need to detail who lives in your property and what the situation will be when you leave your property, for example, whether there will be anyone living in the property when the new buyer moves in

Transaction information

This is where you will need to give information about the transaction and whether or not you as the seller are buying another property at the same time and if you have any requirements about a moving date

Environmental issues

In this section of the TA6 form you’re required to provide any information on environmental issues that could affect your property.

For example, if the property has ever flooded, you will need to state the type of flooding experienced and also state whether or not you have a Flood Risk Report on your property

Other charges

Here you’re expected to detail any charges affecting your property and the details about these charges, such as the costs and how frequently the payments need to be made.

If the property you’re selling is leasehold, this is the section where you will need to give information about the service charges and ground rent

More recently, the TA6 form has been updated to cover an extra four topics: Japanese Knotweed, flood risk, radon and septic tanks.

Do I have to disclose noisy neighbours when selling a house?

Whether you want to or not, you do unfortunately have to disclose noise neighbours or details of a dispute on your TA6 form and it’s actually a legal requirement for you to do so.

If you were to leave this out of the form, your buyer could claim misrepresentation, which is essentially claiming you have mis-sold the property.

If, after investigation, it’s decided you have mis-sold the property, then you will have to pay the buyer back in the form of compensation.

Compensation could be a sum of money, to compensate for the drop in the property’s market value, or the value of other losses as a result of the neighbours, for example, criminal damage or physical abuse.

What is a form TA10 and a TA7 form?

The form TA10 is also known as the ‘fittings and contents form’ and is another property information form that you, the seller, will have to fill out.

In this form, you will list all the fixtures and fittings that are to be included in a property sale.

The form will be provided by your solicitor at the beginning of the conveyancing process. On completion of the form, it will be passed onto the buyer’s conveyancer.

The form TA10 is a legally binding document so once you’ve submitted your form, you will have to leave behind anything you had written down.

The TA7 form, also known as the ‘leasehold information form’, is another property information form, but this one is solely used for the sale of a leasehold.

The form will ask questions specifically about leasehold properties and you may need the help of your solicitor to ensure you answer the questions correctly.

Sell your house without any fees

What if I don’t want to fill in the TA6 form?

So, whilst the TA6 form is a legal requirement that you will have to fill out when you have a buyer for your property, that doesn’t mean it has to be hard and that you have to do it without any help…

Here at The Property Buying Company, we’re a cash buyer of houses who take the stress out of selling your property. We buy any property in any condition, so you don’t need to worry about something on the TA6 form putting us off.

We also have a dedicated team to guide you through filling in the property information form, holding your hand every step of the way. We will also take care of the rest of the selling process to make the transaction as hassle-free as possible.

We also cover all the fees, even the legal ones, so you don’t need to worry about paying a penny for the service. We also buy for cash, so the offer we give you will be the amount you get in full in your bank.

On top of this, we’re members of The Property Ombudsman and the National Association of Property Buyers and we’re rated excellent on Trustpilot, so you can feel safe when selling to us.

We can also buy your property in a timescale of your choice, no matter how fast or slow, and we’re a guaranteed buyer – once you accept our final cash offer, we will complete your sale on the day that you choose.

Want to be guided through the TA6 form and get a stress and hassle-free sale? Give us a call or fill in our online form for a no-obligation cash offer that you will receive in full on a day of your choosing...

Ready for a FAST and hassle-free sale?

No fees when choosing us

Alexandra Ventress

Alexandra is a Content Producer who enjoys writing articles, finding out about the property market, keeping you up to date with the latest trends.