When it comes to selling your property, everything can seem a bit confusing and the whole process can seem frustratingly long and tedious. However, from start to finish, what is considered too long for your house to be sold?
Location can be dependant factor on how quickly your property may sell. The quickest selling areas (currently) in England and Wales are Cardiff and Coventry with both an average of 37 days to secure an offer. Whereas the slowest location to sell your house is in Blackpool, the town has an average of 71 days and the average price for a property is £122,306.
Interested in a fast house sale? We can help
Economic uncertainty can also be a factor in consideration. In June, the national house price growth remained at 1% for the seventh consecutive month. However, the number of mortgages approved for house purchases have remained stable. Price growth and mortgages could affect your property being sold as it may slow down the process of your house being sold.
According to Which?, there are around fifteen different steps that a seller needs to take in order to sell there house. From getting your finances in order to exchanging and being in your new home. The gov.uk website states that the usual process of selling a home can take around two to three months. However, different circumstances could make this longer or shorter. Also, if you are part of a chain of buyers and sellers then it is more than likely that three months is a short period of time for you to sell your home.
If you are considering selling your home quickly (https://www.thepropertybuyingcompany.co.uk/landers/sell-house-fast), to boost the property’s chances of selling why not:
• Make some home improvements – this could be from fixing holes and leaks to having a big declutter within your home. Whatever you decide to do, it will help you chances of selling quicker.
• Look at more ways to sell – you don’t have to go through your estate agents to sell your property. There are many different ways to sell.
• Documentation – make sure that you have all the necessary documentation ready so that there are no delays to the sale of your home.
Alternatively, choose a sell house fast service
Here at The Property Buying Company we can buy your property for cash, cover all costs and complete in a timescale to suit you. We achieve all this whilst providing you with the highest levels of customer service and support throughout the sale. Below is the average scale length it would take for you to sell your home to us vs other methods.
|Your options||Average sale length||Typical cost to you|
|The Property Buying Company||2-3 weeks||£0.00|
|Other House Buying Companies||2-10 weeks||£1000|
|Property Auction||6-10 weeks||£2500-£5000|
|Online Estate Agents||16-52 weeks||£1000(upfront)-£5000|
|Estate Agents||16-52 weeks||£5000|
There are lots of different pro's & con's when it comes to using a quick house sale service like our own, which you will need to consider. We've listed a few in order to help you make a decision:
- Get cash for another investment or project quickly
- You don't have to manage a sale on the open market
- It can offer a quick solution to fixing a chain break
- All legal fees are included
- The service is genuinely fast meaning you save on any bills that you would typically have to pay if you went down the open market route
- Make sure that no fees will be added later in the process
- Some companies will try and trick you into taking a lower value, know what your house is worth
- Read the contract, some companies have tie-ins that mean you can't sell the property elsewhere
If it's taking a long time for your house to sell, or you just don't think you'll be able to wait for the time it takes an estate agent, then why not see what we can offer you? It's no obligation and it's quick and easy to get a quote.
Sell your house in as little as 7 days