When it comes to valuing a property, there are lots of things that are taken into consideration. These range from location and local amenities through to the state of the actual property itself.
There’s no getting away from the fact that a property that hasn’t been well-maintained will not sell for as much as a property, in a similar location, that has been well looked after.
What constitutes being well-maintained?
• The property has been cleaned regularly
• It has a neat and tidy garden – isn’t overgrown or full of rubbish
• Has no damage to it - broken windows, tiles missing off the roof, damaged guttering, broken fence/gate, structural problems
• Is free from clutter inside and out – you can clearly see floors and passageways are clear of debris
• Is hygienic – there are no lasting, unpleasant odours, areas of damp or decay If your property is the opposite of the points above then this may have an impact on its value when it comes to selling.
There are a few things you can do to rectify this:
• Call on friends, relatives or neighbours that you have a good relationship with to help tidy and take things to the tip for you or do some basic DIY
• Go to a reuse centre to buy cheap paints – many of these also have volunteers who may be able to help you with some basic decorating
However, if you are unable to alter the state of your property and are desperate to sell, even at a slightly reduced rate, then The Property Buying Company can help. We buy properties in any condition and will offer a fair cash sum. All legal fees are included and we can complete in a timescale to suit you. What’s more, our team of experts will clear out your property once you’ve sold it to us so you can have peace of mind that everything will be taken care of without you having to lift a finger. Get in touch today to find out how we can help.